Carl Sandburg Library
Carl Sandburg Library is located on the north side of Seven Mile, west of Middlebelt Road.
Address: 30100 W. Seven Mile Road
Livonia, MI 48152
Tuesday 12 noon - 8pm
Thursday 10am - 6pm
Branch Librarian: Jeffery Lelek
Telephone: (248) 893-4010
Fax: (248) 476-6230
Facts and Figures
Architect: Tarapata-MacMahon Associates
Building Area: 8600 square feet
Meeting Room Capacity: 75 people
Circulation (number of items checked out): 42,736 items in 2016
eBook Circulation: 4,173 items in 2016
Total number of items the library owns: 56,618
Registered users: 2,968
History: Carl Sandburg Library first opened December 10, 1961. The name was recommended by the Library Commission as an example of an American author representing the best of literature of the midwest. Carl Sandburg had taught at the University of Michigan for a time.
Keeping up with the Library via Email
If you give us your email address* we'll send you:
1. Check out receipts (you can still get a paper receipt if you like)
2. Date due reminders a few days in advance
3. Holds available notifications
4. A reminder when your card is about to expire
Call the library at 734-466-2491 to have your email address added to your account by a staff member.
5. Subscribe separately to our monthly e-newsletter to keep up with what's happening in the library using the form above.
*Of course, we never sell your email address or spam you.