May I use my smart phone in place of my library card?
I have my library card scanned into my smart phone. Can I use it in place of the physical card?
Yes! We now have scanners at the circulation desk that can read your library card barcode from loyalty card phone apps like StoCard, KeyRing, CardStar or VirtualCards. A few things to know:
1.We will read a barcode from an app only. Photos of library cards are not accepted.
2.Text messages with library card information are acceptable when picking up a hold for a friend or family member.
3. In order to protect your identity, we cannot accept a photo of a library card taken with your cell phone camera -- this is not the same as using one of the apps mentioned above.
Keeping up with the Library via Email
If you give us your email address* we'll send you:
1. Check out receipts (you can still get a paper receipt if you like)
2. Date due reminders a few days in advance
3. Holds available notifications
4. A reminder when your card is about to expire
Call the library at 734-466-2491 to have your email address added to your account by a staff member.
5. Subscribe separately to our monthly e-newsletter to keep up with what's happening in the library using the form above.
*Of course, we never sell your email address or spam you.