Alfred Noble Library
Alfred Noble Library is located on the south side of Plymouth Road, east of Farmington Road.
Address: 32901 Plymouth Road
Livonia, MI 48150
Branch Librarian: Jeffery Lelek
Telephone: (734) 421-6600
Fax: (734) 421-6606
Facts and Figures
Architect: Gunnar Birkerts & Associates
Building Area: 12,175 square feet
Meeting Room Capacity: 85 people
Circulation (number of items checked out): 34,838 items in 2016
eBook Circulation: 5,110 items in 2016
Total number of items the library owns: 49,281
Registered users: 3,472
History: The Alfred Noble Library opened for business on April 24, 1967. Prior to that, "The South Branch" was run out of a storefront on Plymouth Road, starting in 1958. When the Alfred Noble branch opened, it was considered the "main library" until the Civic Center Library opened in 1988. The library's namesake was born and raised in Livonia. He went on to become an accomplished civil engineer with many significant projects to his credit, including the Panama Canal.