Alfred Noble Library
Alfred Noble Library is located on the south side of Plymouth Road, east of Farmington Road.
Address: 32901 Plymouth Road
Livonia, MI 48150
Closed Until Further Notice
Branch Librarian: Jeffery Lelek
Facts and Figures
Architect: Gunnar Birkerts & Associates
Building Area: 12,175 square feet
Meeting Room Capacity: 85 people
Circulation (number of items checked out): 34,838 items in 2016
eBook Circulation: 5,110 items in 2016
Total number of items the library owns: 49,281
Registered users: 3,472
History: The Alfred Noble Library opened for business on April 24, 1967. Prior to that, "The South Branch" was run out of a storefront on Plymouth Road, starting in 1958. When the Alfred Noble branch opened, it was considered the "main library" until the Civic Center Library opened in 1988. The library's namesake was born and raised in Livonia. He went on to become an accomplished civil engineer with many significant projects to his credit, including the Panama Canal.
Keeping up with the Library via Email
If you give us your email address* we'll send you:
1. Check out receipts (you can still get a paper receipt if you like)
2. Date due reminders a few days in advance
3. Holds available notifications
4. A reminder when your card is about to expire
Call the library at 734-466-2491 to have your email address added to your account by a staff member.
5. Subscribe separately to our monthly e-newsletter to keep up with what's happening in the library using the form above.
*Of course, we never sell your email address or spam you.