Book Donation Guidelines
We can use recent materials in good condition. Essentially, if you wouldn't loan it to a friend or relative, it is probably best to save yourself the time and effort of delivering it to the library. It can be very difficult to admit that a treasured book has reached the end of its useful life, but you can still give it new life by recycling. Please realize that we cannot add it to our collection and it will not sell in the Friends of the Library book sale if the item has any of the following characteristics:
offensive odors (cigarette smoke, mildew, mold, etc.)
ripped pages or torn covers
encyclopedias/textbooks over 3 years old
incomplete encyclopedia sets
vhs, cassette tapes, cds or dvds that are homemade copies
Keeping up with the Library via Email
If you give us your email address* we'll send you:
1. Check out receipts (you can still get a paper receipt if you like)
2. Date due reminders a few days in advance
3. Holds available notifications
4. A reminder when your card is about to expire
Call the library at 734-466-2491 to have your email address added to your account by a staff member.
5. Subscribe separately to our monthly e-newsletter to keep up with what's happening in the library using the form above.
*Of course, we never sell your email address or spam you.